1.8K views

I have been a loyal customer of Toyota for a long time and have bought 6 cars from the same Toyota dealer within 15-20 years. We have been a Toyota family but never again.

All of our cars have been financed through their financial services "Toyota Financial Services". I HATE THEM FOREVER. All they have done for me is just harassed me and ripped me off for just being late in payments. They have called me day and night, even past 9pm on weekdays and all weekend.

There is a Law that prohibits collectors to call consumers past 9pm and on weekends but that never stopped Toyota Financial Services. I had been laid off from work because of the financial crisis we are facing right now. I was late on my car payments for only 2-3 months. I was late before but I paid those payments with late payment fees, which they charge as they please.

I had called them back recently saying that I have a new job now and I will make those late payments and asked them to just give me a one week time until I get my first paycheck. I also asked them to stop calling me with their harassment calls. The next I know, I had a Repo Agent at my door in 2 days to pick-up my car. The only option he gave me was to either pay-off the 3 late payments (almost $1500) or he would tow away my car.

This is how TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES treats their loyal customers for being honest. So, I borrow money from a friend and payoff ($1500) to bring my account to current status. The only way they would accept payment would be through 'Western Union', so I had to pay another $13 for their fee. So I did that.

Then I call them to give my Western Union confirmation# to make sure that they received it and to confirm that my account is in 'current status. First I spent more then 15 mins talking to a rep who would not give me her name at all not even first name with an ID. She was very rude and would not co-operate with me and then I asked to talk to her Manager who was even more rude and again would not provide his name and ID for my records. Mind you that anytime we call them, the first thing they do is they verify all of my info and record my call and they don't want to give me any details as to whom I talked to over the phone after making my payments.

We have right as consumers to have their information as to whom with talked to for our own records but they would not give me that at all. Total B.S. here. Folks, Toyota has no respect for their loyal customers, they have no sense of customer service and honesty does not exist for them.

They are a TOTAL rip-off and I would stay away from TOYOTA now and forever.

I will never by TOYOTA cars as long as I live. It's time to file a lawsuit.....

Comments

You serial, habitual deadbeats just don't have the mental capacity to figure out something extremely elementary. Bill collectors NEVER call people who pay their bills on time. Therefore...if you don't want bill collectors to call you...PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME!

I have been behind 2 months before and they will work with you

YOU failed to make on time payments and they did a lawful repo. No mystery here.

They are not bound by the FDCPA or whatever you deadbeats try to dredge up because that Act does not apply to first party collectors. I love the laughs you deadbeats give us responsible people when you think you are legal experts when in fact, it is very obvious you haven't a clue what you're talking about!

Thanks for the laughs, I needed it. No, I don't work for them!

NO VALID COMPLAINT HERE...Just a deadbeat who thinks they are a legal expert whining about the consequences they brought upon themselves...a page right out of the deadbeat handbook!

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #1291741

That why I did pay my 1500 I know they go do same to me I had 5 month left on lease.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #1259595

yes their head company should look in to this before they have a lawsuit hit there company. toyota financial is rip customer off.

In do time they will be stop.

to Anonymous #1395339

The ripoff is sorry whining, wailing habitual deadbeats who do not pay their bills on time!

U all r very rude we all have things that come up and I don't expect u all to understand because U all seem to want to hang up on people so in other words U all r not helpful once I get rid of my cars I am done with Toyota and I will be getting an attorney and I do pay my bills and I do read everything on the contract so therefore U will probably be seeing me on the news about this

to Anonymous #1396625

It would be better to see you in a classroom with second graders. If you read what they write, you'll see punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure...NOT one long continual run-on sentence!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1127186

yep I am very upset with Toyota financial the women on the phone almost hung up on me it got very intense because 5 people before have know of the situation I am in, and they refuse to help or anything I'm so done with toyota I am going to sell my Tacoma 2016 and my corolla 2015 I want nothing to do with Toyota at all!!!! I cant even get a phone number for the CEO.

Same thing with me I just tried to make a payment treated me like a dead beat and told me to go to western union in which I advised them I'm recently disabled and couldn't drive let along leave my house they told me they will not take payment via debit card or check and was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional

I agree 200%. Purchase a Tacoma and we've been very satisfied with the vehicle but I had a late payment once which resulted in my family being harassed, very rudely. Will never purchase another vehicle from Toyota.

Wow... So much judgement in these comments.

You all must've had an easy life! You've never had unexpected, hard financial times? Most people who get behind in paying their bills are not "deadbeats". Maybe you should consider the fact that life happens and there are legitimate reasons that may lead to missed car payments.

In my case, my child was diagnosed with leukemia and needs frequent treatments at a hospital 2 hrs from my home. The cost of travel, copayments and hotel rooms combined with lesser income from having to take time off work, unpaid due to no vacation time left, to care for my child, left me unable to make my payments (only 8 months left on a 5yr loan). TFS was less than sympathetic and despite my attempts to negotiate temporary lower or deferred payments, they repossessed my vehicle. I am left stuck in my rural home without a car or a way to get my son to his scheduled chemo treatment tomorrow.

I'm researching the steps I need to take to get my car back which means paying the loan in full through Western Union which brought me to this post- with you passing judgement on others without ever thinking that maybe there are people worse off than you and that you might just be lucky that you haven't had to experience the same difficulties in life. I pray you are not judged so harshly at Heavens gates.

P.S. For anyone who is going to reply "If you couldn't make your payments, how are you planning on paying your loan off?" Because I know someone will...

I sold my wedding/engagement ring and my iPhone to get the funds, which was a hard choice to make but my child's life depends on it.

I need my car back.

Thanks for working with me Toyota!

if I made an aggreement to pay...and then missed a couple of payments...why shouldnt toyota bend your ear?? look at all the deadbeats out there..Iam 62 and have never had a new car because "I know" I cant afford it...the reason the country/world is in a pickle...is because people...charge what they cannot pay back...the takers...Iam responsible...I pay my bills on time..or before...people want what they want, no responsibility...nobody cares if you lost your friggin job...trust me..people hate the homeless...now alot of people are headed that way..and are taking themselves out with suicide...yea,it aint easy is it, once your walking down that road, and this goes for the people, that are always late,but somehow think they should be excused...those kind of people, that toss trash, where ever they want,or people that cut in line, you rude people..get in line...

to are you kidding me?? Sayre, Pennsylvania, United States #1076653

Wow... You must've had an easy life!

You've never had unexpected, hard financial times? Most people who get behind in paying their bills are not "deadbeats". Maybe you should consider the fact that life happens and there are legitimate reasons that may lead to missed car payments. In my case, my child was diagnosed with leukemia and needs frequent treatments at a hospital 2 hrs from my home.

What you mean I have to PAY for this car!!! What a load of BS, you mean the 3 months that I made on time payments wasn't sufficient.

Come on people, Just because your motrgage lenders wait 6 months before they start the forclosure process it doesn't mean everyone is that overwhelmed to collect on you.

While every company makes mistakes, not making your payment is totally and completely on the consumer. This is why we have contracts.

And to the person who was only $50 behind, the reason they react is because if they did nothing, you would assume it was OK and just keep making reducedd payments. ***, they called you and "harrassed" you and you still didn't make the complete payment the next month by your own admission.

PAY YOUR BILLS AND DON"T OVER EXTEND YOUR MEANS

One thing you people need to do is: READ YOUR CONTRACT! You could diffuse do much of your frustration if you actually paid attention to what you committed to.

Being a loyal customer doesn't change the fact that YOU agreed to make your car payment on "X" day every month for "X" dollars.

The contract is a legal document so good luck with the attorney you see laughing in your face. I suggest all you "Pissed Consumers" see an attorney before you sign a contract do you know exactly what your getting into.

Never deal with a dealership-recommended finance company. They are cruel.

I always go through my credit union.

Toyota tried to convince me to use Toyota Bank of America because that would look good on my credit report/rating. I told them NO because their interest rate was higher and how much higher can my credit report get than "808."

Bobby29

This comment is to Russell; I have been looking through the complaints about TFS and looked at what seems like hundreds and you can tell when the nasty comments are from a TFS rep,your comments are not only very true, but said in a understanding tone. I read on the TFS web page they employ over 3000 people and you seem to be the only one who actually has some customer service skills.

Although my account is paid with TFS I have had my issues with their customer service, they do not document etc. I can not recommend TFS, people I delt with were rude, cocky, and did not care if wrong information was given.

Russell, this message is directed towards you and your employer! Its not even up for debate that Toyota has no respect or loyalty.

Not to bored the rest of the internet readers ill get down to just one incident that recently occured. I purchased a car in JUN and traded in my previous toyota 2007 which I owed 1616. I wrote a check out for 1616 and on the check it had 2007 TOYOTA COROLLA PAYOFF. Low and behold my account was withdrawn in June, July, and then in August I get statement showing I still owe 900 (+).

I proceed to contact Toyota to get 2 the bottom of this. They were like "Its not the first time this has happen" VERY RUDELY!!! I then asked if its legal to sell a car when a person is still paying on it?? tsk, tsk, tsk TOYOTA!

Long story short Toyota didnt give a damm but it was finally paid off. Im still waiting on what i paid for in June and July! Moral of the story people Toyota doesnt care its all about the benjamins!!!

With that said lets keep the money in the USA and go with ford, chevy or an american company! Enough is enough!!!

#319249

Sorry folks, I work in collections for TFS and we bend over backwards with every customer. However, there comes a time when you either have to pay for your car (remember we have paid the dealership in full and you signed a contract to repay) or we will have to repo the car.

we don't like to do so, and will go to great lengths not to, but after months and months of no payments, it is the only business decision we have left.

I find great humor in the fellow above who has a house keeper being harrassed (we don't have reps who go door to door). maybe he should clean his own house and use the housekeepers salary to pay for the car.