3.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

In 2015, I was approximately one year into a 36 month lease on a 2015 Toyota Corolla. I also own a 2014.5 Toyota Camry SE.

I'm retired, and my wife and I decided we no longer needed two cars. I found a party who was approved by Toyota to assume my lease. Subsequently, I discovered that I, as well as the other party, were both equally liable for the lease (I was never told that by Toyota.) Without my approval, Toyota extended the lease for three months until January, when the vehicle was returned to a Toyota dealer. I received an invoice in the mail today from Toyota Finance in the amount of $763.72, for excessive damage and the disposition fee.

I called Toyota Finance and was informed that I was equally liable for the fees as well as the person who assumed my lease, who caused the damages being billed. Toyota Finance also sent the other party the same invoice. I extremely upset because Toyota didn't inform me about any future liability at the time the lease was assumed. I'm hoping the party who assumed the lease pays the fees and I won't be stuck paying them.

I've been dealing with Toyota for more then 20 years. If I have to pay these charges I will never buy a Toyota again in my lifetime.

I would not recommend leasing a car from Toyota! If you do, It's my suggestion that you get all of the facts from them concerning your future liability in writing - before you complete the transaction.

Review about: Toyota Financial Auto Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Toyota keeps sending me invoices. I hope the person who assumed my lease pays them soon.in